The Vidaai ceremony is one of the most important aspects of an Indian wedding. It’s the point where the bride finally bids farewell to her maternal home and jets off to start her happily ever after with the love of her life. So it’s only fitting that you select a song that perfectly matches your personality and mood at the time. While some brides prefer a more traditional and emotional goodbye, others are adamant on having a no-tears, happy send off. No matter what you decide, we’ve put together a list of songs that are perfect for that all important moment.
1. Baabul Jo Tumne Sikhaya – Hum Aapke Hain Koun
For the bride who wants an emotional send off
2. Paalkhi Mein Hoke Sawar – Khalnayak
For the bride who likes things to be a little fun and playful
3. Saajan Ke Ghar Jaana Hai – Lajja
For the bride who is full on filmi!
4. Main To Bhool Chali Babul Ka Des – Saraswatichandra
For the bride who likes things old-spool
5. Dulhan To Jayegi Dulhe Raja Ke Saath – Dulhe Raja
For the bride who likes some good old Bollywood cheese
6. Banno – Tanu Weds Manu Returns
For the quirky bride who likes to be a little different
7. Taare Hai Baarati – Virasat
For the bride who’s an absolute romantic
Got a favourite of your own that we’ve missed? Email email@example.com